For those people that live in the frozen conditions, and have to be stuck in their houses for a long time, having a humidifier tend to have a very soothing for the occupants of the house. It not only does the job extremely well, but it makes the living conditions bearable. It is extremely reliable, and will be able to ensure that you shall not face any respiratory problems that could come across with a polluted air flowing through your house. This is particularly recommended for those people that have skin allergies, or find themselves to be victims of skin conditions and respiratory problems.
What are the types of home humidifiers?
There are various types of humidifiers in the market. According to the manufacturing unit of various brands and companies, you would find yourself coming across pertinent humidifiers that will be suitable for the given climate.
- Ultrasonic warm humidifier: – These house humidifiers contain liquid water particles which are to be emitted in the circulating air, thereby making sure that the water content and the humidity of the breathable air is increased. This is particularly suitable for those people living in a very icy condition. How does the humidifier achieve this particular phenomenon? Well, the water is heated to a predestined temperature, after which it is allowed to cool. Then when the mist is formed, you would be able to get the cool air particles in the environment. The best part is that it is totally maintenance free, and does not require a lot of money or any kind of expensive filter in order to replace the ones in the humidifier very easily.
- Ultrasonic cool humidifier: – in this type of home humidifier, the exact opposite, which is the water particles are cold and then let off from the humidifier. What it does is to spew out the cool air particles in the breathable air, thereby making it a jovial and a wonderful environment for the people living in that particular room.
- Evaporation humidifier: in this particular form of humidifier, the humidity is particularly produced with the help of a fan, much like an air conditioner. It will be able to draw in the hair, and then it would blow the air through a wick that has already been moistened with water. When some of the water evaporates, this water vapour will be added to the air, which in fact increases the humidity content of the year. The water is then blown back, thereby ensuring that the full circulation of those evaporated water particles can be done throughout the house. This in fact results in a very cool climate within the house, even though the weather outside may be scorching hot.
- Air humidifier: – with this kind of a product, you will directly be able to add a lot of humidity to the room and it will also act as a filter to clean out the polluted air. Water, which is contained in the house humidifier, will work in collusion with the rotating disk, and it will remove the airborne impurities as well as large pollen grains. You need to also keep in mind that this product is a bit on the costly side. So prepare a budget when you go for a product of this nature.
- Steam humidifier: in this type of a humidifier, a heating element is involved which will be able to heat the water before it is dispersed in the surrounding area. By doing so, it will be able to heat the water in the tank, thereby only letting out the pure water molecules as the immense amount of heat will be able to get rid of all the organic compounds and bacteria already present in the water. It is relatively quiet in its operation, and will be able to change the climate of the room pretty fast.
What factors need to be considered while buying a the best humidifier
- Always remember that home humidifiers have a limited range according to the manufacturer. So, if you think that you need your humidifier to cover large areas, prefer to go for a larger size house humidifier.
- The best home humidifier that you purchase may only be able to reach a humidity level of about 40%. There are many factors that can contribute towards the overall increase of the humidity level. So, always prepared for the eventuality of the humidifier not reaching the desired level of humidity as required by you. Make adjustments accordingly to your purchase.
- According to scientific research, over 50% humidity circulated within the house will encourage the formation of dust mites. It would also encourage the growth of mold. So, make sure that you maintain the humidity level that is below the desired output.
- Always maintain a strict rule of the thumb when you think about the very nature of the inside and outside temperature in contrast with humidity. You have to remember that when the outside air temperature starts decreasing, you would also have to decrease the relative humidity in order to maintain the perfect balance.
- When it comes to water in the humidifier, it can present a very big problem in accordance to the filters. The filters would need a lot more changing, and this could become a tough proposition for you to continue in the long run. So, if you have soft water put into the humidifier, it will be able to help your cause by a big amount.
- If you are using the ultrasonic humidifier and making use of normal tap water to be given to the humidifier, then you’re going to have some sort of white dust which is a result of the de mineralization that is done by the work of the filters. So, if the sodium content is not removed from the water, the filters are going to start is integrating, and over time, it is look like you constantly having to change filters every month.
- Always keep the door and the window closed when you have the humidifier working for you. This way, you will be able to maintain the perfect balance within the room, without having to worry about any kind of issues with the humidifier. A lot of polluted air also ends up damaging the filters of the humidifier; so keeping the doors and windows open is only going to end up compounding the problems.
Advantages of using a house humidifier: –
- In the dry situations, moisture is essential so that appropriate prevention of nosebleeds or anything of that sort can be undertaken.
- If you have a partner that snores while sleeping, then the use humidifier will be able to get rid of the intensity found in that annoying sound of snoring.
- Wooden furniture will be protected from cracking with the humidity already present in the hair by the humidifier. This can also be effective for the musical instruments as well as wooden flooring.
- You will be able to retain the heat by making use of the moist air given from the humidifier; it will also reduce the cost required for heating.
- If there are allergenic people in the room, then the use of a humidifier will be able to reduce the allergenic agents like pollen grains, as well as dust and dirt. This will greatly turn the tide in favor of the people that possess such serious conditions. Also living in such an environment with the help of a humidifier will be able to speed up the process of healing.
- The use of a humidifier will be able to smooth out problems pertaining to itchy skin that may have cracked due to the excessive cold.
Disadvantages of using a house humidifier: –
- For one thing, the cost can be a concern for many. Most of the people might think of this product is extravagance, thereby creating a sort of dent in its reputation.
- Deciding to choose between a warm or cold one can also be a problem when it comes to humidifier. So, you have to take into account the relative weather situation of that particular area, and go with the one that is more compatible and complimentary to it.
- Most of the humidifiers will not be able to achieve the kind of humidity that you would expect. So, keep your expectations extremely low when purchasing a humidifier.
- If unfiltered water is used in the humidifier, you would have to replace the filters extremely fast. This is going to end up costing you a lot of money if you continue to make use of unfiltered water.
Which are the best humidifier brands?
- Air-O-Swiss: -Noted as a prime contender to be one of the best-known home humidifier companies in the world, they have certainly been able to bring out good quality products in the market. One of the best products from this company happens to be the Air-O-Swiss 7147.
- Stadler Form: -This is a behemoth in the humidifier industry, and it has brought out a lot of quality products like the Stradler Form Anton and the Form Hydra.
- Honeywell: -With a guarantee of to kill 99.9% germs in the environment, Honeywell is definitely a company that has been taking extremely good care of its loyal customers. It has a patented germ killing technology induced in its cool mist humidifier, which will be able to dispense mist which is free from all kind of germs and bacteria.
- Vicks: – Noted as one of the best-known companies for relieving coughing and cold problems, Vicks has come a long way. With its inclusion of the warm mist humidifier in its arsenal, it makes use of aromatic products such as eucalyptus oil, or kaz inhalants in order to create a medicated vapour that will be able to soothe the cough and cold congestion and also make sure that there are no problems in the air.
- Taotronics: – The Taotronics humidifier of an ultrasonic variety is a new product and comes with a 360° turning nozzle at all directions. This enables for a family to experience extremely cool air in all possible directions without any irritating and buzzing noise. This humidifier making company is basically a new entrant in the market, but has definitely been creating ripples wherever they happen to be treading, creating a wonderful environment of competition in this industry.