The primary purpose of using an axe is to cut or shape the wood. You need to cut across the green, and it is mainly used in the splitting of the word. You can split it with the grain, or split it in the shape of a wedge. Whatever the dimension of the splitting of the wood, it is mainly used for camping purposes, as well as if you have a house in the woods. It serves very important purposes in the forest life, and is something that is to be a substantial help you when you are living in that environment.
Best axe for splitting wood for 2017
With axes in heavy demand during the winter season, chances are that you would find it difficult to select the best amongst the lot. We have compiled a few axes to give you a comprehensive understanding on your choices in the market.
Fiskars X27 super splitting axe: – An axe ideal for the taller users, the much requested Fiskars X27 is amongst the best products in the market. It has a wonderful blade geometry, which makes it virtually unbreakable and also maximize is the performance. With such a combination, you can easily disperse the wood more easily, and you need not have to come across any kind of strain. With a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars, this product is clearly the best camp axe that you can find in the market.
- This axe is ideal for all the users that are a bit on the underside, and looking to split the large logs.
- It has been designed keeping in mind the maximum efficiency so as to give you a split on the first strike.
- It provides the perfect balance to the power ratio, thereby increasing the speed of the swing which can multiply and convert into the power.
- It has a wonderful convex blade, which can add to the power, making it very safe to remove from the wood.
- This axe comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The cost of 36 inch axe is $ 58.91.
Husqvarna 26 inch wooden handle forest axe: -When it comes to splitting small tree logs, there is none better than theHusqvarna 26 inch wooden handle forest axe. It has a reputation for splitting the trimming of the branches as well as the clearing of bushes without any sort of problems. The long handle that comes along with the product provides ample power for cutting. Moreover, the head has been attached to the handle, thereby providing a secure fastening. With 4.5 out of 5 stars, this product is surely going to make the rounds as the best survival axe in the market currently.
- This is a multipurpose axe, in which the hand is forged in Sweden.
- It has a hickory wooden handle that provides it with a curvy, ergonomic design that is perfectly fit to use under any eventuality.
- There is a leather sheath that is included within the package in order to protect the edge of the axe during the storage.
- The price of this product is $ 69.95.
Gransfors Bruks, small forest axe: – Gransfors Bruks is a very small forest axe, and contains a 10 blade. However, the long handle when coupled with the blade is extremely powerful and can undertake powerful chopping in all practicality. However, it is perfect for splitting the limp wood or small sticks. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- This product weighs about 1.5 lbs.
- It has a grain leather sheath, which protects the axe blade from any kind of damage during the storage.
- It has a 19 inch hickory handle that can give it an ergonomic design for the ease of use.
- This comes with a price of $177.59.
Helko Vario 2000 heavy log splitter:-The Vario 2000 is one of the most powerful axes in the world. It has the capability of delivering a splitting powerful force in order to split the logs. With simple controlled strength any kind of logs can be chopped. The system has been standardized, and the entire blade as well as the handles can be interchangeable amongst all the models of Vario 2000.
The blades have been hardened in accordance to the German DIN7287 standard, which provides for maximum reliability as well as strength. With this particular product, striking nearby objects with brutal force becomes very easy. With a stupendous design, this axe has been able to garner 4.8 out of 5 stars from customer reviews.
- This product is made in Germany with high-grade carbon steel of grade C45.
- The handle of the axe is made in Switzerland, and has also been certified by FSC.
- The economic design of the handle provides for the perfect balance of the axe.
- The axe costs $153.00.
Leveraxe splitting axe: -The Leverage splitting axe is something with which you can hit the edge of the log. It is a traditional axe that almost always requires you to strike in the middle of the log. It becomes very effective, as picking a log is never an easy task. It will allow you to make maximum use of your strength and leveraged it towards the benefit of the splitting task. With a rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, this is truly an ingenious product.
- The leveraxe happens to be a word splitting axe that is used in order to split the firewood of any type of wood with any diameter.
- The innovative design ensures that it can sink into the wood with very less force and can easily split up the wood.
- The hook located in the back portion of the axe happens to be a brake. This is a feature which is used so as to allow it to get into the ground.
- The product is made in Finland, and comes with all necessary instructions.
- The product costs about $ 240.01.
SOG tactical Tomahawk Black axe:-The military grade SOG tactical Tomahawk axe is one of the best when it comes to excavation and breaching actions. The best possible engineering and philosophy of tactical survival has been ingrained in this axe. With the original Vietnam, design, this axe has been able to garner 4.6 out of 5 stars from customer reviews.
- This versatile tool is mainly used for the bleaching operations as well as excavation and the removal as well as the extraction and all the other important things necessary for survival. It is not the best axe for splitting wood but makes for immense necessity during survival.
- It contains a nylon handle which is glass reinforced, providing it with an extra amount of strength.
- It also has a very innovative look into the Tomahawk which was used in Vietnam, giving it a futuristic design.
- It also contains a nylon carry sheath so as to protect the axe from further damage during the storage.
- The axe costs about $ 35.62, and is a premium purchase for the people with limited income.
Gerber Bear Grylls survival hatchet: -Certified by the Bear Grylls survival course, this is one of the most important survival hatchets to be found in the market. It is one of the best splitting maul that is readily available, and is equally adept at splitting the logs while chopping above its weight. Combining with the decades of experience and the knowledge of adventure by Bear Grylls, this product is truly revolutionary and stands for persistent construction. With a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, this is truly an ingenious product.
- The axe comes with a 3.5 inch blade which is basically for precise cutting and easy transportability.
- The high carbon steel that has been used in the construction is mainly responsible for the durability of the product.
- The sheath provided is resistant to mildew, and it also contains belt loops for ready accessibility.
- The product comes with an ergonomic design so as to secure it during the dry and wet conditions.
- The product costs about $ 36.81.